Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Mardi Gras Info


I found some online information about Mardi Gras that I thought would be interesting to post. If you are from the area around New Orleans, or in any of the coastal cities that have a Mardi Gras celebration...yes, there are a lot of places that have parades besides New Orleans.... you already know all the tips that are at this website.

If you are from out of town, please read these tips and be safe in the city during parade times. My family hears first hand reports of out-of-towners getting into trouble every year.

Come, have a good time, don't get a parking ticket or thrown into jail, and be safe about it, ok. We'd like you to leave with good thoughts about our state and good times under your belt.

http://www.mardigrasunmasked.com/mardigras/tricks&tips.htm



This next site lists all the parades in the New Orleans area. They started on the weekend of January 6th and will end on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 5th.

Yes, there is more than one Mardi Gras parade. In almost every city there are more than one.

So pick one or two and be there! Or come any one of the last four days and make a whole day of it. Or if you are _really_ adventuresome and can find a hotel to put you up at this point that will fit the contents of your wallet, come for all 4 days. *g*

http://www.mardigrasparadeschedule.com/ Scroll down the page to see the line up. You can click on each parade to see it's route and most have links with pictures from last year.

Next post about Mardi Gras will be some links for parades in my metropolis. *g* Ummm, ok, in my little corner of heaven. How's that?

Happy Mardi Gras!


Like my little avatar at the top of this post? Want one? http://www.blessthischick.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Marcie,

You're a blogging fool now, girlfriend! How fun, I've got to get one too, but I'm not sure how to start.

Never been to Mardi Gras, but I'd love to come see you & LA sometime, when I hit the lottery, you'll be the first one I call. :-)

Blog on girlie, blog on!

Hugs,
Dondy

Marcie said...

Hey sweet Dondy! I'd love to host you and Bob for Mardi Gras any year! So buy those lotto tickets girlfriend. As Mike tells me all the time, you can't win if you don't play. Hahaha! Sadly we hardly ever play so guess I won't be winning. *g*

I'd be happy to walk you through setting up a Blog here at Blogger dot com. We can do it by phone whenever you have some time to get started. Not scary at all and a lot of fun. :-)

Posting is just like sending an email. Easy peasy!

Hugs, Marcie