He's been away 6 months now, which I know is a very short time for a deployment, but we're a really close family and this is our first one, so it's taken some adjusting to get used to it.

But God is good and he is coming home safe. Thanks so much to everyone who prayed for him and his crew mates and thanks especially to those that sent care boxes.
I've enjoyed sending the care boxes so much that my Mom and I are going to continue doing them. We have the name of a young man who just deployed in the Army to Iraq and his mom is from my hometown.
I hope the rest of you might consider continuing to send boxes too. It sure is a good feeling to know you made someone's day a little brighter while they are doing a hard job.
Here's the place that can give you the name of military units that would like to get care boxes in case you don't know anyone personally. It's a great website and these people do good things for our military men and women.
http://www.anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/
And don't forget that you can get Flat Rate Priority boxes for free at the US Post Office. The shipping cost is $8.95 (insurance is a little extra) for as much as you can cram in that sucka! *g*
Military address are considered the same as US addresses. The inside dimensions for the two boxes available are 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375". I was never happy unless I could get at least 9.5 pounds in mine.
ttp://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm
You have to ask for these boxes and sometimes even tell them at the P.O. that they are for a military person in the Middle East. Or you can order them online...still free.
And you'll need to fill out a form listing the contents, so pick that up while you are there too. It looks like this >>>>>> http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13357&productId=11681&langId=-1
Keep your fingers crossed that the weather will be good for our trip from Baton Rouge to Norfolk. Oh dear how I had rather be flying up this time of year. But the young man must have his new 50" TV to watch the Super Bowl and we think he deserves it.
Ok, here I have written a mini novel. *G* And I thought I wouldn't have anything to say. Ha!
Thanks for reading and leave me a comment if you'd like to. I do read them.
1 comment:
Hey girl, Didn't know you did your own blog and stuff!!! That is so cool. And, your Adam is so incredible. Please give him an extra hug for all of us that appreciate him so much. When are you guys leaving town? I know you are so excited. Be careful driving (take care of that TV) and have fun. Look forward to pics and stories when you get back
Cathy
Post a Comment