I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I sort of knew my way around Photoshop. It wasn't all Greek. So I'm encouraged and I'll certainly attend class next month to see what new things I can learn.
We did some photo editing today. Just basic stuff like getting rid of light poles that magically grow out of your spouse's head in the perfect picture, and erasing light wires that ruin a nice historic house shot. I loved the time we spent on making normal photos into rather nice portrait shots. Very handy that!
So here's a little preview of some work I did. I know I'll get better as we go along. And there are lots and lots of free tutorials on the web too. So much to learn and so little time!
From this photo of my son (center) in Turkey.

To this one.

So, I have lots to learn on this Photoshop road. But it's the fun of getting there that I love!
See you soon sailor! Muwaahs!
3 comments:
Hi Marcie! I'm JustGina at Lallybroch. This is so cool! I'm still waiting for Santa to bring me photoshop. *jealous* I had no idea you could take classes for it! Now I REALLY can't wait!
Hi Just Gina! Yes, you can take classes AND there are so very many free tutorials online with the ever helpful screenshot pictures to help you through the lesson, if it's for beginners. That's me, "beginner". *g*
Check around, older versions of Photoshop Elements are pretty reasonable. And if you are just beginning they work fine to find out if you like the program or not.
Hugs and good luck.
Wahoo, Marcie! Blogging is awesome. *G* You're doing good, girlfriend.
I'd love to take a Photoshop class...you've inspired me to search for one locally. If I can't find one...oh well, I've ordered a book. =)
Post a Comment