All the stores and shops in Cherokee, Pigeon Forge, and
Gatlinburg were decorated so pretty for fall.
Below are some photos of our hike up to Mingo Falls
near Cherokee, NC. First you go up a set of 160 steps,
then follow a path to a wooden bridge that
overlooks these stunning falls. Worth every
step!




















3 comments:
Great pictures. I am loving every minute of it. The videos are awesome too. I especially like the snow on the fall leaves. This place can really get under your skin. Thanks for posting so quickly!!
Hey Girl!
I love the NC mountains - did you go to Fraser's Ridge by chance? *g* Great pics.!
When we lived at Ft. Bragg, we rented a pop-up and made reservations at a camp ground touted as "nestled in the Smokies". Got there and it was a huge RV park nestled between a car dealership and the fire station - and yes the alarm went off in the night. Only stayed one night there - bugged out in the morning.
Met up with some friends, then I made the mistake of going on a 12 mile (6 straight up hill) hike with 3 Airborne Rangers. They were dragging me, sucking wind. Scenery was gorgeous, though! :-)
I like your new blog skin, too. I miss my working camera, can't wait til it's fixed. Gotta get blogging again.
Hugs,
D.
Yes Donna, you need to get blogging again. I miss your post. Fraser's Ridge sure did come to mind. *G* I think DG said the location would be a little closer to Grandfather's Mt but I'm sure the scenery was the same. Sure did feel close to the books when I was up there for sure.
We spent some time checking out hotels in Cherokee for next time because you can never tell from the ads what you are getting.
Hugs, Marcie
Post a Comment