Taken June 13th..........this is what I found on my little table top herb garden. Lots and lots of butterfly caterpillars! I was thrilled. I plant parsley every year just for these guys. The photos of them aren't that great but the arrows show you where they are hiding among the plants.

Some close up shots below. I was happy that I could get some blurred backgrounds with my auto digital camera. Believe me, it took some work....and a lot of photos on different settings. *G*

Below is a photo of my solution to the birds picking off my babies for their dinner. *g* I mean I have lots more parsley planted in the flower beds for the birds to have their share. But these caterpillars are my pet project.
By the way, that net is the curtain panel off my bedroom French door. I sacrificed so they could live!
July 17th........and here is my reward! I had come home for a few hours from the hospital and checked on my butterfly nursery before I even went inside. What a glorious thing to find! Four butterflies had hatched out only hours before I arrived home.I grabbed my camera, snapped a few shots, and then shooed them off into the world. What a feeling of renewal and blessing!



These were taken during a rain storm. I love the rain and how it affects my garden.





So, forgive me, but I'm getting a little artsy-fartsy with my camera shots here. *G* But the raindrops plopping on the bricks and concrete looked nice at ground level.


Thanks for coming by.
The patient is doing well. He's watching football and has had a huge dinner and even dessert!
We go to the doctor Monday for a recheck and are expecting good news.
5 comments:
Love the photos Marcie and so glad Mike is doing so much better. I loved the caterpillar/butterfly saga. Really neat stuff. Hoping to see you soon at the Clickers.
Catherine
Hey you crazy woman! You actually GROW your caterpillars!? LOL I should have sent you the ones that ate ALL my salad this year! Had some of it in the evening, the next morning it was ALL gone... just two big ole green dudes looking fat and happy from it... they'd better trun into some FINE butterflies, I tell you that! *g*
Ooooh, should have taken my NEW camera out yesterday, too... it was raining like crazy! Today it's verra windy so went to the beach... :)
Hope all went well at the docs today! :)
Catherine, thanks for the comments! I appreciate that. And yes, I most definitely want to be back at Clickers soon too. Miss you guys.
Chirre, hahahah, you always make me laugh woman! Sorry about the salad crop but the big ole fat happy caterpillars sound like they enjoyed it. *g* I have some little tomatos and I am so NOT happy about the birds pecking holes in them. I mean eat em if they want to but don't just peck into them and them leave them cuz they don't like the taste. How rude! *G*
New camera!! Oooohhh, hope to see some photos really soon!
Hugs to ya both.
Oh what a wonderful Blessing - your butterflies are beautiful!! I'm sooooo glad Mike is able to eat a good supper & enjoy a football game...that's a good Rx for a man, IMO.
((((((((((((((Marcie & Family))))))))))
I love the butterfly photos, that is so cool! Well worth the curtain sacrafice! LOL
Michelle
Post a Comment