Friday, March 7, 2008

A new technique with photos


I learned how to make a portion of my photo "pop out" today. Yea! This is a baby red bird the day two of them fledged.

It was really exciting for me to see this happen since I had watched the adult birds since they had decided to build their nest in this Norfolk pine right out my French door.

Out of three eggs there were two live babies that flew off that day last spring. They wind blew the potted tree over in a storm and Adam and I had to rescue all three of the babies and replace them in the nest. One didn't survive that ordeal. Thank goodness we found them before the cat!

They are back already this year but they haven't chosen the nest from last year yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that they do.

2 comments:

M and M's Blog said...

I know how you did that. :-) Just use that with plain color Marcie and change the bevels and waa laah, youve made a frame. *G* Does that Norfolk pine stay alive all year outside or do you have to bring it in when the temps dip?

Marcie said...

We learned frames in class too. I am just too lazy to make my own. *g*

Yes, that tree lives there all year long. I used to bring it in at Cmas just to have a place to put my LallyOrnaments. But now it's too big to move by myself.

I got it from my SIL. It came in a little planter she got at the hospital when her first son was born. He's 32 with a baby of his own now.