We decided to travel around and revisit some places we enjoy in the south of Alabama since it's very near the condo.
Here's a photo of Bayou La Batre made famous in the 1994 film Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks. Sgt. Benjamin Blue was from Bayou La Batre and he was going to cook shrimp 40 different ways when he got home from the war. It's a real town and it's got lots and lots of shrimp boats too.

Then we went to Dauphine Island which is south of Mobile. Lots of boats and sand there too.
Then we went across Mobile Bay to the lovely little city of Fairhope. The streets are all planted with very pretty flower boxes. The temps are already in the mid 70s and it's only Feb.
The next photos are from Gulf Shores, Alabama. What a beautiful beach for miles and miles! We stopped at the public beach in the middle of town and I took a few photos and collected a nice handful of little shells. We drove all the way down to Florida along the coast, windows down and enjoying the breeze!
6 comments:
Man I wish I was there! What a beautiful blue sky! We have flowers just like that here too...at the Kroger! :-)
Wow...wish I was there too. We still have lots of ice and snow. Thanks for the posts of the pretty flowers and of the toes on the beach. Guess I'm going to have to visit a garden nursery to get a whiff of spring. Have a great time and keep posting those great pictures. Shrimp Gumbo, barbecue shrimp, garlic shrimp,fried shrimp, shrimp creole, pineapple shirmp. *G* (and I'm allergic to the stuff!) ;-(
Oooh, I loved the one with your feet in the water! We have no snow (havena had any all winter... but I'm pretty sure we'll get it when the rest of the world gets their spring!), but we sure don't have any flowers blooming that pretty either!!
Gotta agree with the two other ladies, wish I was there, too! :)
Hope you're haveing a blast, hon!
Thanks for the comments ladies and I really wish I could share this wonderful vacation with ALL of you too.
Vicki...you had me grinning with all the shrimp recipes. Hahaha! And we went to eat shrimp dinners last night. Fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail, shrimp dressing, stuffed shrimp....hahaaha, we ate it all. *burp*...oh, pardon me. *G* *G* *G*
Now that must have been some good shrimp!! lol
Have some more shrimp for me Marcie as I can't have any, so have to enjoy it vicariously! *G* Miss your posts at LQ, but you are one busy Lass with the traveling and your blog.
Post a Comment