Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 23, 2009






The smell of this Confederate Star Jasmine
blooming is too amazing to describe.
Mmmmmmmm.















6 comments:

M and M's Blog said...

Marcie, what's the little pink flower?

Marcie said...

Hey M&M, it's an old fashioned form of dianthus. They are suppose to stand upright but the wind has blown most of them wonky. *g*
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm very pretty.
I love the scent of jasmine on the vine, but I find if I pick it and put it inside after a while it makes me think of cat urine.

That little pink flower is sweet, at first I thought it was a type of carnation - I'm really hopeless with what flowers are what.

Marcie said...

Teakai, you are correct about the dianthus being a type of carnation. They are in the same family. This is the one commonly called Sweet William.

Chirre said...

Aaaaw... isn't Kitty Kat cute when she's smiling in her sleep?

The pink flower looks very much like what we call Phlox here in Finland.. don't think we have a diantus like that over here...

http://www.plantanswers.com/12_mos_xeriscape_/may/Phlox_pan.jpg

:)

Huggles to ya woman!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Marcie, Love jasmine! My old house had one and I still miss it!
Thank you so mush for stopping by and following. Hugs,
Marcela & Clara