Randa says its a weed. She said she has some growing in her flower bed and her dad hates them. They take over everything. It tricks you into thinking it is some lovely flower and when you start taking pictures of it, he knows that you have accepted him and turns into a weed. Just like that dang turkey at Oakley. We started taking pictures and he stuck to us like glue. ROTFL
A violet or two, definitely flowers. Three or more, definitely weeds. Don't let the adorable things go to seed or you'll be in them up to your eyeballs. ;-)
They are so beautiful, but highly invasive. I love their heart shaped leaves.
Hahaha, yep I know they can spread like wildfire. My favorite wildflower of all is the "jack" violet. My Mom dug these up thinking they were Jack violets and brought them to me 12 years ago. Unfortunately, or not, depending how you look at it, they quickly spread out of the pot they were in (cuz the seeds "pop" when they ripen) and I have them in several places now. I still enjoy them and keep them manageable so all's ok. Now if I could just get rid of the rampant poison ivy. Eeeeekk!
Copyright and Disclaimer - All contents, text, and photographs are copyright of Marcie Cutrer, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me by leaving a comment for permission to reproduce any content. Dec 2007 -2012
3 comments:
Randa says its a weed. She said she has some growing in her flower bed and her dad hates them. They take over everything. It tricks you into thinking it is some lovely flower and when you start taking pictures of it, he knows that you have accepted him and turns into a weed. Just like that dang turkey at Oakley. We started taking pictures and he stuck to us like glue. ROTFL
A violet or two, definitely flowers. Three or more, definitely weeds. Don't let the adorable things go to seed or you'll be in them up to your eyeballs. ;-)
They are so beautiful, but highly invasive. I love their heart shaped leaves.
Thanks for the ever-lovely photos!
Hugs.
Hahaha, yep I know they can spread like wildfire. My favorite wildflower of all is the "jack" violet. My Mom dug these up thinking they were Jack violets and brought them to me 12 years ago. Unfortunately, or not, depending how you look at it, they quickly spread out of the pot they were in (cuz the seeds "pop" when they ripen) and I have them in several places now. I still enjoy them and keep them manageable so all's ok. Now if I could just get rid of the rampant poison ivy. Eeeeekk!
Post a Comment