
Kizzy is the name that seemed to fit our new little girl. She has brought so much joy and life to our home. I think we are now confirmed "cat people". She spends time on the screened porch and some time inside. She is slowly making friends with Kitty Kat and Kokko.

Kizzy just spent a week with digestive problems but we think we have this solved with a diet higher in protein and a better quality dry kitten kibble. It was scary there for a few days to see such a wee thing so sick. We'll be taking her for shots, etc on Sept 6. Today it's another bath. Wow, not looking forward to that one little bit. Hahaha.
Here's the first photos I have been able to get of Kokko. This is the black kitten that followed our Kitty Kat home back on June 24th. She is growing by leaps and bounds but it still very skittish and only lets Mike touch her. We don't know if she will ever be a good pet but it's something we are working on.

Her name comes from the fact that she came here on the summer solstice, known as Midsummer Night (the longest day of the year) and in a lot of the world they build and burn bonfires to celebrate the event. Kokko (Cock O) is Finnish ...thanks Chirre!....for bonfire. Better than Blackie or Smut, right? *G*
5 comments:
What sweet little kitties! They are both adorable.
Regarding the tummy troubles - be careful about giving her milk. That use to give our cats upset tummies....not pretty.
Give your babies a little hug & pat on the head from their Auntie Donna Mc. =)
Thanks Donna. I think I have a "farty" kitty like yours is. *G* She's on a diet that includes only cooked hamburger meat and rice or mashed potatoes right now. We are trying to get some rice and chicken kitten food mixed in but it seems to give her gas, like other kitten foods. I am going to pick up some wormer Mon and see if that helps any. Thanks for the advice. I may have to email you if the gas continues.
Lovely kitties, Marcie! Give them a hug from Aunty Tooki in NZ as well (well, maybe just a wave for Kokko, LOL!) Srry I missed sendingyou birthday greetings, but I did send birthday vibes! Missing you around LQ, hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs
Tooki
Hey Miss Marcie!
They are just adorable! I've had a hankering for a cat lately - I miss our best-cat-ever who died 14 years ago.
Life has been a whirlwind of busy this last month, so the computer is the last place I've been. I'm still catching up from being away last week.
Good luck with the new fur babies and many belated birthday hugs! Sorry I missed it!
Hugs,
Donna
Aaawww, they're just too cute! :)
Post a Comment