Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random recent photos and edits

I'm posting this now and adding the links at class on Saturday. Thanks for checking back if you want to see the finished blog post. Muwaahs!


Percy Quinn State Park at sunset. One of our favorite places to go RVing.




My cutie patootie great niece. I used Paintshop Pro to enhance the pictures, crop, sharpen the eyes and add frames.




This is a photo I was experimenting with. I added the burned edges and made it black and white. I like it! I got the tutorial from The PioneerWoman.


This is Kitty Kat. Her name is Gabby but we just call her Kitty. *G* She has the most striking blue eyes and I learned a way to make her eyes "pop". Here's the tutorial here. Another thank you to The Pioneer Woman.
Just some birch logs cut to fit my chiminere. I just liked the way the ends were all spalted (a new word for me!)and the bark was curled.
This is a photo I took in Scotland of Eilean Donan (A lean Doo nan) Castle. I edited it to look like an aged Chroma postcard. I love all things vintage so I had to try this. What do you think????

The original shot. Edited.

Framed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! And wonderful PhotoShopping, too! Gotta love that Pioneer woman - she's inspired me to learn more & more about Photoshop every day.
Hope you are doing well. Miss you around LQ. Drop by & let us know how you are doing when you get a chance. Huggles!

Chirre said...

Hey hon! Love the pics! :-) Jalen is such a cute kid! I just love those big dark eyes of hers!

AND you had a Scotland pic! YAY! Is that from the last trip..?

Hope all is well! Hugs to ya, Sweets!

M and M's Blog said...

Oh that little Jalen face is just too cute!

Your photos look just great Marcie! You know I can picture you clear as day teaching these classes. :-)

Michelle

Marcie said...

Thanks my friends! I love finding comments here!

Donna, I really want to get back to the LQs! Miss em so much! Muwaahs!

Chirre, yes, it's one of the pictures of the castle we took on our tour with the best tour driver in Scotland! Sinclair of
Puffin Express in Inverness.
http://www.puffinexpress.co.uk/

M&M, thanks. Last Saturday was my very first day to do the whole class solo. I loved it and my audience was so kind. *g*

Thanks for the "love" ladies. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Marcie. I especially like the wood pile and he castle. You are talented!

Anonymous said...

that would be THE castle...sheesh...your blog is very pretty.